In December of 2008 the Association of Historical Shops and Tradition of the historic center of Rome is formed by the order of five business men representing the Historical Shops of Rome: Stefano Pizzolato (Tebro – Biancheria dal 1867), Nazzareno Giolitti (Giolitti 1900), Fernando Terracina (Terracina Stores from 1928), Giuseppe Ciampini (Bar Ciampini 1941) and Ernesto Hausmann (Hausmann & Co. watches since 1794).
The Association collects historical shops of excellence in Rome that are able through their organization, history, tradition, passion, knowledge and ability to meet future challenges of the market and be a representation for the city as witness of entrepreneurship.
The Historical shops of excellence of Rome are characterized by activities that operate in compliance with national laws and municipal authorities, in accordance with the rules on trade and security in the workplace, and in compliance with both Italian and foreign customers.
The Association has as its objective the promotion, protection, development and dissemination of knowledge of the business history of excellence in Rome.
The main objectives are:
1) enhance the business history of Rome;
2) create a synergy with the City of Rome and other institutions to develop knowledge of business activities abroad and using historical tourism circuits in Rome;
3) protect the business history of Rome;
4) to promote initiatives and proposals concerning regulations governing trade and the anti to illegal organization and enhancement of the historic center of Rome;
5) promote among its members the use of reference material to the City of Rome in the commercial and social.
In May of 2010 the name of the association is changed to: Associazione dei Negozi Storici di Eccellenza di Roma - (Association of the Historical Stores of Excellence in Rome). The initiative is being taken further to the approval of Resolution 10/2010 by the City of Rome establishing the Register of Historic Shopping for Excellence in Rome, sponsored by the Hon. Dino Gasperini (Mayor's representative to the Historic Centre of Rome) and Hon. Francesco de Micheli (City Councilman), which regulates the activities of the historical category of excellence in the City of Rome.
- Historical Shops of Excellence: The business, run by the same family for at least three generations for over 70 years in the same industry sector and in the same area within the perimeter of "historical city".
- Historical Activities of Excellence: the business, run by the same family for at least three generations for over 70 years in the same industry sector, although not in the same room, but always within the perimeter of "historical city".
In the same year a Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Rome and the Superintendence for the architectural heritage of Rome, Arch Federica Galloni, aimed to enhance, promote and support the Historical activities of excellence in Rome.
The Governing Council of the Association is thus formed:
President: Stefano Pizzolato
Vice-President: Nazzareno Giolitti
Vice-President: Fernando Terracina
Advisor : Giuseppe Ciampini
Advisor: Francesco Bertoletti