Alfredo Di Lelio, just a boy, had a great desire to work and a strong passion for cooking that led him to success and worldwide fame, starting with a small family restaurant in Piazza Rosa, adjacent to the current galleria Colonna. It all began when his wife Ines gave birth to their firstborn. The woman was very small after the birth of Alfred II and her husband, concerned for their health, did everything to make her regain strength with healthy foods and nutrients. With his own hands, he prepared a meal of noodles and seasoned with butter and fresh Parmesan. The fate of Alfredo with "contemporaneous birth", his son and "blondes", as he used to lovingly call his fettuccine, have since been the strength of his worldwide reputation. His tireless work, combined with great enthusiasm, managed to draw customers from all over the world.
Another decisive phase in his path of success and satisfaction was the meeting with Douglas Fairbanks and Mary Pickford, the two famous American actors of the silent cinema, which, after tasting his delicious and original dishes during their honeymoon in Rome, in his restaurant on via della Scrofa that he opened in 1914, They gave him a gift of two gold tableware, a tribute to his friendly and warm welcome. This is a fork and a spoon of solid gold engraved with a dedication: "To Alfredo the King of the noodles, read by every famous person who had the honor to try the Maestosissime Fettuccine with this cutlery from" King of the taste at the table. "
The years passed and it was the turn of the war which gave a turning point in the life of Alfredo who decided to retire from the scene leaving his post to his worthy successor, Armando, as Alfredo II, in the restaurant on Via della scrofa. With experience gained over time alongside his father and his undoubted charismatic personality, he always welcomes guests with a beautiful smile that opened beneath his mustache "Umberto", the same who later become the symbol of "Alfredo".
In 1950, Alfred I decided to take the reins opening a new restaurant in Piazza Augusto Imperatore, 30, where he now continues the family tradition carried on first by his son Armando, leaving the restaurant on Via della Scrofa, and then by his son Alfred III.
From father to son, from son to grandson, it was like that, that the Alfredo became a true dynasty.
Alfredo III, in fact, inheriting the inspiration of his grandfather and father, has the merit of continued worthily the path traced by his predecessors, taking the name of this historic restaurant in the world.

Association of the Historical Stores of Excellence in Rome

Association of the Historical Stores of Excellence in Rome
Cod. Fisc. 97534980582
Via dei Prefetti 46, 00186 - Roma -